Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Why I hate Mark McGrath...and no, it's not just because I'm jealous...

The first song I ever heard from Sugar Ray was "Mean Machine", and I was very impressed. It is an observable fact that I have better musical taste that almost anyone, and so a song that impresses me is by definition a very good song. Now, about a decade later, Mark McGrath is hosting the odious, vile piece of celebrity whoremongering masquerading as entertainment tv show Extra. What the hell happened?

Obviously, McGrath is yet another victim of "No Longer Hungry" syndrome. It's happened to the likes of Tori Amos, Paul McCartney, Pearl Jam, Kurt Cobain, and countless others. It's my hypothesis that when a band gets a big hit, and then lands a huge recording contract, that somewhere buried deep in the fine print of page 36, appendix B (or thereabouts) there's a clause that actually surrenders ownership of the artist's soul.

Or maybe it's part of the tax code...the wealthiest 1% get their tax break by deducting their soul.

Or maybe he got some sort of venereal disease that affected his brain.

Yeah, it's probably that last one...

3 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow you make me laugh about tragedy.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Isaac Carmichael said...

That's because I'm a smartass...I mean satirist.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Sylvana said...

Eh, he wasn't that great.

But Tori Amos! AH! I cry at night thinking about what became of her...



HAPPY!!!!
ARGH!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home