Monday, January 16, 2006

Just what is he trying to hide???

I've started a new blog dedicated to snowmen. What I didn't expect was that the people who live in the homes whose yards these snowcreatures inhabit would be almost as entertaining as the snowmen themselves.

For instance, the other day I was returning to a snowman I'd photographed a few days previously. This snowman had been tipped over, dislodging his eyes and nose, and I was returning to further document his withering away. I took a couple of steps into the yard, making sure to only step where others had left tracks. I stood over the snow-corpse. He semmed to have melted a little since my last visit, and his remains were barely recognizable, just a few scattered lumps in the yard.

So I set up the picture, trying to rememeber the various angles in which I took the original photos. I was about ready to take the first picture when I heard a noise come from the house. I looked up and saw a man opening the window.

"Excuse me...what are you doing?" he asked.

"Oh...I'm just taking a picture of your snowman."

He stared at me incredulously, like I was pissing in his yard.

"I take pictures of snowmen in the area...I kind of document their lives."

"I'm gonna have to ask you to leave now."

"Ok," I say, trying to set it up so I can get at least one good shot.

"Seriously, right now...don't even take a picture! Leave right now!" At this point I see that he has a phone. Holy shit...is he actually going to call the cops?

"Ok...have a happy new year," I call out, quickly snapping a picture, hoping it will turn out, but pretty sure it won't. And it didn't.


I'm pretty sure that he knows something about the untimely demise of that snowman...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home